Fulfill your needs for safe data storage and ultra-high definition video sharing with Synology Disk Station DS216+II. Powered by an Intel Celeron dual-core CPU, DS216+II comes with hardware-accelerated data encryption and real-time transcoding of 4K Ultra HD source content.
Safeguard Your Data with Great Performance Synology Disk Station DS216+II is designed for small offices pursuing a compact yet powerful shared storage solution. Powered by an Intel Celeron dual-core CPU, built-in AES-NI hardware encryption engine and 1GB DDR3 RAM, DS216+II delivers up to an average 113.08 MB/s reading and 111.78 MB/s writing speed, and an encrypted data transmission at over 113.01 MB/s reading and 111.66 MB/s writing1 under RAID 1 configuration in a Windows environment.
DS216+II comes with a front USB 3.0 port with USB copy button for fast and easy data transmission. Hot-swappable drive tray design allows easy installation and maintenance on 3.5-inch HDDs without additional tools. Brightness-adjustable front LED with schedule control provides flexible LED settings that best suit your environment.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
DS216+II introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
- Built-in data integrity check detects data and file system corruption with data and meta-data checksums and improve overall stability.
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 256 copies of shared folder backups in a minimum 5-minute interval without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
- File or folder level data restoration brings huge convenience and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific single file or folder.
- Cloud Station with file versioning reduces down to half of storage consumption when compared with the Ext4 file system.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology Disk Station Manager (DSM), DS216+II comes fully-equipped with business applications and features:
- Easy integration with existing business network environments through Windows AD and LDAP directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing DS216+II to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based file explorer, Synology File Station. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected with a high level of security.
- Synology Cloud Station allows users to sync files among multiple devices, including Windows PC, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android tablets or smart phones, effortlessly keeping everything up-to-date.
4K Ultra HD Multimedia Bank
Synology Disk Station DS216+II features real-time H.264 1-channel 4K Ultra HD or 3-channel Full HD video transcoding, bringing more complete support to the latest multimedia file formats and contents. With Video Station, you can organize personal digital video library with comprehensive media information, watch 4K Ultra HD movies and films, or record TV programs with a DVB-T/DVB-S stick. Photo Station's intuitive design allows you to effortlessly organize photos into customized categories, smart albums and blog posts, and link them to social networking websites within a few clicks. Audio Station comes with Internet radio and lossless audio formats support and provides music playback via DLNA, Airplay, and Bluetooth devices (a Bluetooth dongle is required).
Easy Backup Solutions
With block-level incremental backup and cross-version deduplication, Synology Hyper Backup provides multi-version backup with optimized storage utilization and allows multiple backup destinations to local shared folders, external hard drives, network shared folders, rsync server, and public cloud services. Synology High Availability Manager ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact to applications to decrease the risk of unexpected interruptions and costly downtime.
Energy Efficient and Easy Management Design
Synology DS216+II is designed and developed with energy efficiency in mind. Compared with the average storage server counterparts, DS216+II consumes only 17.4W in regular operation. The support of Wake on LAN/WAN and scheduled power on and off can further reduce power consumption and operation cost. HDD hibernation can be configured to take effect automatically when the system has been inactive for a specified period of time. This not only saves energy but also extends the lifespan of the hard disks.
SKU DS216+II/6TB-RED-Feed Weight (g) 0.0000
To cater the needs of all customers, we offer two delivery options at checkout so you can choose one which best suits your requirements.
Free UK Mainland Delivery
In this option we will deliver your product free of cost but it will take 2 to 4 working days for the product to be delivered.
Next Working Day Delivery
If you want your desired product to be delivered next working day you will have to place your order before 3pm. The delivery charge is £7.99 at the time of placing order. This option does not include delivery on Saturday or Sunday.