DetailsAffordable performance and flexibility, re-defined. Create a totally immersive work environment for those who demand reliability and performance on a budget. Designed for heavy 24x7x365 workloads, the HP Z230 delivers next-generation processor and graphics technologies in a redesigned, surprisingly capable small form factor.
Windows 8 Pro or other operating systems available
Rock solid reliability, affordably priced
- Designed for heavy 24x7x365 workloads. The affordable HP Z230 Small Form Factor Workstation handles the demanding workloads of business applications.
- Gain peace of mind from our extreme test and validation processes with workstations designed for always-on environments.
- Control your environmental impact better than ever1 while lowering your total cost of ownership with a 92% efficient power supply and enhanced system reliability.
- Work smarter with your software tools. This HP workstation has earned a wide range of ISV certifications to deliver better, smarter performance.
The workstation that fits your workspace
- Engineered to impress. The redesigned HP Z230 Small Form Factor Workstation provides the capability and flexibility you demand in a 61% smaller form factor than the tower.
- Maintain impressive performance, greater storage capacity, more input/output ports and greater flexibility while retaining the same small form factor size.
- Save time with easy data transfers. Accommodate more storage devices with four total drive bays, including a 6,35 cm (2.5'') HD bay for high-performance solid state drives.
- Boost your storage performance with RAID, solid state drives, or get the best of both worlds by combining large hard drives with an optional solid state drive as a cache device.
- Optimize this workstation for peak performance. HP Performance Advisor helps you easily configure your system with the best settings designed for specific applications.
Totally immersive. Perfectly productive.
- Power to spareâ€”and share. The latest IntelÂ® XeonÂ® processors4 and rich graphics keep up with your work. Plug in and work on up to six displays.5 6
- Enjoy the latest in performance and energy efficiency from Intelâ€s next generation processor architecture.
- Keep more work front-and-center with support for up to six monitors. Choose between cost-effective integrated graphics and powerful 2D or 3D discrete graphics choices.5 6
- With HP RGS you can take your graphics intensive workstation applications wherever you go. Collaborate with colleagues around the office or around the world, in real time.
Processor Stepping C0 Processor operating modes 32-bit, 64-bit Processor lithography 22 nm Processor codename Haswell Bus type DMI Maximum internal memory supported by processor 32 GB Memory types supported by processor DDR3-SDRAM Memory clock speeds supported by processor 1333,1600 MHz Thermal Design Power (TDP) 84 W Tcase 72.72 Â°C Processor series Intel Core i7-4700 Desktop series PCI Express configurations 1x16, 2x8, 1x8+2x4 Maximum number of PCI Express lanes 16 FSB Parity No Memory bandwidth supported by processor (max) 25.6 GB/s Memory channels supported by processor Dual ECC supported by processor No Processor cache type Smart Cache, L3 Conflict Free processor Yes Processor cache 8 MB Processor frequency 3.6 GHz Processor model i7-4790 Number of processors installed 1 Processor boost frequency 4 GHz System bus rate 5 GT/s Processor socket Socket H3 (LGA 1150) Processor threads 8 Processor cores 4 PCI Express slots version 3.0 Processor family 4th gen IntelÂ® Coreâ¢ i7 Memory Memory layout (slots x size) 1 x 4 GB Internal memory 4 GB Maximum internal memory 32 GB Memory slots 4x DIMM Internal memory type DDR3-SDRAM Memory clock speed 1600 MHz Storage Storage media HDD Number of hard drives installed 1 Hard drive capacity 1000 GB Hard drive speed 7200 RPM Hard drive interface SATA Card reader integrated Yes Total storage capacity 1000 GB Optical drive Optical drive type DVD Super Multi Optical drives quantity 1 Graphics On-board graphics adapter dynamic frequency (max) 1200 MHz On-board graphics adapter base frequency 350 MHz Maximum on-board graphics adapter memory 1.024 GB Number of displays supported by on-board graphics adapter 3 On-board graphics adapter DirectX version 11.1 On-board graphics adapter ID 0x412 Discrete graphics adapter model No On-board graphics adapter model Intel HD Graphics 4600 Software Operating system architecture 64-bit Recovery operating system Windows 8.1 Pro Operating system installed Windows 7 Professional Networking Ethernet LAN Yes Wi-Fi No Ethernet LAN data rates 10,100,1000 Mbit/s Ports & interfaces USB 3.0 (3.1 Gen 1) Type-A ports quantity 4 USB 2.0 ports quantity 6 PS/2 ports quantity 2 Microphone in Yes Line-out Yes Line-in Yes Headphone outputs 1 Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports 1 DVI port No Expansion slots PCI Express slots version 3.0 Technical details Intel 64 Yes Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) Technology Yes Product type Workstation Intel vPro Technology Yes Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 Intel Quick Sync Video Technology Yes Intel My WiFi Technology Yes Intel Identity Protection Technology Yes Intel Hyper-Threading Technology Yes Intel Anti-Theft Technology Yes Colour of product Black Chassis type SFF Audio system HD Motherboard chipset Intel C226 Design Colour of product Black Chassis type SFF Performance Embedded options available No Product type Workstation Audio system HD Motherboard chipset Intel C226 Processor special features Embedded options available No Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology Yes Thermal Monitoring Technologies Yes OS Guard Yes Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT) Yes Intel TSX-NI Yes Intel Trusted Execution Technology Yes Intel Stable Image Platform Program (SIPP) Yes Intel Secure Key Yes Intel InTru 3D Technology Yes Intel Insider Yes Intel Clear Video Technology No Intel Clear Video HD Technology Yes Intel AES New Instructions Yes Idle States Yes Execute Disable Bit Yes Intel Flex Memory Access No Intel FDI Technology Yes Intel Fast Memory Access No Intel Smart Cache Yes Intel Enhanced Halt State Yes Intel Demand Based Switching No Intel Clear Video Technology for MID No Thermal solution specification PCG 2013D Supported instruction sets AVX 2.0, SSE4.1, SSE4.2 Scalability 1S Processor package size 37.5 Processor code SR1QF Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) Yes Graphics & IMC lithography 22 nm CPU configuration (max) 1 Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) Yes Intel TSX-NI version 0.00 Intel Stable Image Platform Program (SIPP) version 1.00 Intel Small Business Advantage (SBA) version 1.00 Intel Secure Key Technology version 1.00 Intel Rapid Storage Technology No Intel Identity Protection Technology version 1.00 Intel Dual Display Capable Technology No Intel 64 Yes Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) Technology Yes Intel vPro Technology Yes Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 Intel Quick Sync Video Technology Yes Intel My WiFi Technology Yes Intel Identity Protection Technology Yes Intel Hyper-Threading Technology Yes Intel Anti-Theft Technology Yes Power Power supply 240 W Weight & dimensions Width 33.7 cm Depth 38.4 cm Height 10 cm Weight 7.2 kg Packaging content Display included No
To cater the needs of all customers, we offer two delivery options at checkout so you can choose one which best suits your requirements.
UK Mainland Delivery
In this option delivery charge is £4.95 at the time of placing order. it will take 2 to 4 working days for the product to be delivered.
Next Working Day Delivery
If you want your desired product to be delivered next working day you will have to place your order before 3pm. The delivery charge is £7.99 at the time of placing order. This option does not include delivery on Saturday or Sunday.