Outdoor navigation meets touchscreen simplicity in Dakota 20. This rugged, palm-sized navigator combines touchscreen navigation, high-sensitivity GPS with HotFix® satellite prediction, barometric altimeter, 3-axis electronic compass and microSD card slot in one affordable, power-packed punch.
Touch and Go
Dakota 20 makes outdoor navigation effortless with a tough, sunlight-readable, 2.6" (6.6 cm) color touchscreen display. The interface is easy to use, so youll spend more time enjoying the outdoors and less time searching for information. Both durable and water resistant, Dakota 20 is built to withstand the elements; bumps, dust, dirt and water are no match for this rugged navigator.
Get Your Bearings
Dakota 20 has a built-in 3-axis electronic compass, which shows where you're heading even when youre standing still or not holding the device level. Its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you even can use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions. And with its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver with HotFix satellite prediction, Dakota 20 locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
Get into paperless geocaching with Dakota 20 by quickly downloading up to 2,000 caches with information such as location, terrain, difficulty, hints and description no more paper printouts and manually entered coordinates.
Explore the Terrain
Dakota 20 comes with a built-in worldwide basemap, so you can navigate anywhere with ease. Adding more maps is easy with our detailed topographic, marine and road maps, available on microSD card.
Share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Dakota, Foretrex®, Oregon® and Colorado® devices. Just touch "send" to transfer your information to similar devices.
You've been busy exploring and now you want to store and analyze your activities. With a simple connection to your computer and the Internet, you can get a detailed analysis of your activities using Garmin Connect. This one-stop site offers an activity table and allows you to view your activities on a map using Google Earth. Explore other routes uploaded from more than 12 million customers and share your experiences on Twitter® and Facebook®. Getting started is easy, so get out there, explore and share.
Plan Your Next Trip
Take charge of your next adventure with BaseCamp, software that lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks. This free trip-planning software even allows you to create Garmin Adventuresthat you can share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles. It also can transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images to your device when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
- The Dakota 20 is the Oregon series little brother with its 2.6 inch, sunlight-readable, colour touch screen display
- The Dakota series comes preloaded worldwide topographic map, 3D map view and a built-in worldwide base map with shaded relief give you all the tools for serious climbing or hiking
- Compact and waterproof, Dakotas feature a high-sensitivity GPS receiver with Hotfix that acquires your position quickly and maintains its precise GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons
- Dakota comes preloaded with a worldwide base map, plus 850 MB internal memory for map transfers
- Electronic compass that shows your heading even when the unit is not held flat
- Barometric altimeter that will provide you with precise elevation readings
- microSD card slot and wireless unit-to-unit connectivity for sharing your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with compatible Dakota, Oregon, Colorado and Foretrex devices
- Waterproof standard: IEC 60529 IPX7
- USB interface
- Unit dimensions: 9.9 x 5.6 x 3.3cm
- Up to 20 hours of battery life, 2 AA; Ni-MH or Lithium recommended
- Weight: 6.75oz (191g) with batteries
To cater the needs of all customers, we offer two delivery options at checkout so you can choose one which best suits your requirements.
Free UK Mainland Delivery
In this option we will deliver your product free of cost but it will take 2 to 4 working days for the product to be delivered.
Next Working Day Delivery
If you want your desired product to be delivered next working day you will have to place your order before 3pm. The delivery charge is £7.99 at the time of placing order. This option does not include delivery on Saturday or Sunday.